The Original Clackamas County Courthouse. 1884 - 1935.
The Clackamas County Bar Association
As of 2010, approximately 280 members participate in CLEs, social events and serve on a variety of committees to facilitate and communicate the needs of our local attorneys, judges and the needs of our law library and Courthouse.
History of the CCBA
"The Clackamas Bar Association, a purely voluntary association meets monthly for luncheon, has speakers, has social events such as golf and tennis tournaments, a lovely Christmas Ball at elegant places like Waverley Country Club, Tualatin Country Club, annual festivities with the local medical association, conducts continuing legal education for its members and in general appears to be a sophisticated erudite adjunct to the profession and the community. It even keeps minutes of its doings."
"On February 13, 1924, a committee of lawyers appointed to draft a Constitution and By-laws for a Clackamas County Bar Association presented its report to the Bar of Oregon City at a meeting in the Circuit Court Room. It was adopted. As each lawyer paid the admission fee of $3 and signed the roll of membership, he became a "full member of the Association." The minutes of March 25, 1924, record that "25 members of the local Bar had joined the Association and paid the admission fee provided by the By-Laws."
Source: ("The Attorneys of Clackamas County, Oregon, The Fifth Judicial District: History, Recollections, Tall Tales" by George L. Hibbard)